The CentOS Project
The CentOS Project is a community-driven free software effort focused on delivering a robust open source ecosystem around a Linux platform.
We offer two Linux distros:
– CentOS Linux is a consistent, manageable platform that suits a wide variety of deployments. For some open source communities, it is a solid, predictable base to build upon.
– The new CentOS Stream is a rolling-release distro that tracks just ahead of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) development, positioned as a midstream between Fedora Linux and RHEL. For anyone interested in participating and collaborating in the RHEL ecosystem, CentOS Stream is your reliable platform for innovation.Get CentOS Now
In support of this community effort, the CentOS Project provides extensive resources to build, test, release, and maintain code on these platforms.
For more information about updates and improvements in CentOS Stream and CentOS Linux 8, please check out the CentOS Stream release notes and the CentOS linux release notes or the release announcement in the mailing list archive. Information about other actively maintained CentOS Linux releases is available on the CentOS Linux 7 and CentOS Linux 6 release notes pages.
- Thursday Nov 21st : CentOS Blog: CentOS Atomic Host 7.1910 Available for Download
The CentOS Atomic SIG has released an updated version of CentOS Atomic Host (7.1910), an operating system designed to ru
- Monday Nov 4th : CentOS Blog: CentOS Community newsletter, November 2019 (#1911)
Dear CentOS enthusiast, CentOS is more than just code. If you want to contribute in other non-code ways – documentati
- Monday Oct 28th : Fabian Arrotin: Fixing heat/fan issue on Thinkpad t490s running CentOS 8/Stream
It’s usually always a good thing to receive a newer laptop, as usually that means shiny new hardware, better performance
- Tuesday Oct 8th : CentOS Blog: CentOS Community newsletter, October 2019 (#1910)
Dear CentOS enthusiast, If you’d like to help out with the process of putting together the newsletter, please see the C
- Tuesday Sep 24th : CentOS Blog: CentOS 8 and CentOS Stream released
We are excited to announce the release of CentOS 8, and of the new RHEL upstream, CentOS Streams. Details can be found o
News & Events from CentOS
CentOS 7.7.1908 released
We are pleased to announce the general availability of CentOS Linux 7 (1908) for the x86_64 architecture. Details on the Centos-Devel mailing list.